Technology @ SFS
Technology Integration - Shooting for the moon
How will we know we have succeeded?
- Technology is seamlessly embedded into the fabric of the student learning experience.
- All educators will use appropriate pedagogy, skills and knowledge to effectively embed educational technology in their planning to enable students to achieve the SFS expected student learning results (ESLRs).
- SFS will maintain and improve a learning-focused technology infrastructure that is reliable, supported and relevant.
- All students and staff will have ubiquitous access to the appropriate tools of technology and information for learning.
- A commitment to professional development is critical to the successful use technology. It will be focused towards improving the learning process and providing relevance to the student's world.
- Standards will exist to enable consistency in the provision of the educational process and facilities.
- Innovative use of technology will be encouraged and supported.
- Use of technology will be personalized as much as possible, in order to address different learning styles/needs and rates of learning.
Useful Links:Student Account Registry
- SMART Boards are in almost all our classrooms.
- Touch devices such as iPods, iPads and Galaxy Tabs are used mainly by our students in Grade 4 / Year 5 and below.
- Laptop carts are used mainly by our students in Grade 3 / Year 4 and Grade 4 / Year 5.
- We plan to have 1-to-1 laptops for all our students from Grade 4 / Year 6 up to Grade 12 by August 2013.
- Each of our divisions has at least one computer lab.
- Audio and video equipment is available in each of our divisions.
- High speed wired and wireless internet is available throughout our school.
- Cloud printers which can print, copy and scan are available throughout our school.